Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's a boy!

So we had the ultra sound on Monday. We took Afton with us, which by the way is a big mistake. She screamed the entire time while I was getting the ultrasound done. She didn't like me laying on the table and just wanted me to hold her, which doesn't work very well. Plus, the technicians were taking forever. I then proceeded to pass out, which really freaked out the techs. I am fine, was just on my back to long I think. I do what I can to add adventure to the techs lives. I didn't even get any pics. Oh well! On a good note, Joe and I placed a bet on what the sex would be; the loser had to buy the other ice cream. I won, of course. The due date is January 6th. I'm, of course, hoping it comes a couple of weeks early, like Afton. I think Afton spoiled things for me. She was 2 weeks early and the labor was pretty easy. Watch this one be 1 week over due and 24 hours of labor. :)
Hopefully not, but I'm trying to lower the expectations. Figuring out names should be fun; Joe doesn't like any of the good ones. Maybe, we'll call him Bob for now.

It is nice to have a baby the normal way. For the first time in my life, I actually took a pregnancy test that came back positive. I even bought a couple extra packs just so I can get thrills of it coming back positive. Who knows if it will ever happen again! :)

9 comments:

ugkuyg said...

A boy, that's so exciting!

Angie said...

Yahoo! That's so exciting. I'm glad you get to have a girl and a boy! Congratulations!

Curley Family said...

How fun. One of each. They are TOTALLY different. Of course even if you had another girl they would be different.
Glad to hear you are doing well. Good luck and remember to have some fun :)

Joanna said...

I was hoping I'd get "the stash."

Alanna said...

I like the name "Bob." I think you should just stick with that!

A friend of mine, when she was a little girl, tried to insist that her name was Bobo and would get very upset when her primary teacher had the nerve to call her Carla. Maybe you should consider "Bobo"?

I'm glad you get to have a not-quite-so-difficult to kick off pregnancy! Enjoy those tests!

Margaret said...

We're excited for you! And congrats on the "stash"!

Andrea said...

WooHoo! Congrats to you both!!

P.S. I miss visting with you in primary!! I never see you anymore!

Shannon said...

Congrats!!! Tracy, I've been meaning to call you, sorry---I will (though it will probably be during the week, because of the move this weekend.) We are SOOO excited for you guys!! Sorry to hear you passed out! That almost happened to me once but the tech noticed in my face that I was getting ready to and had me roll on my side. When I first heard that happened, I thought you passed out from excitement/surprise, hehe. :) Anyway- hope you're feeling good, and hope we can catch up soon!

Amy Watts said...

Awesome! Good strong work! He he.