Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thangiving Pie Plan 2010

Last year, I explained my 1PPP plan. This year, Thanksgiving is just going to be us and our friends the Cramers. It looks like we're going to exceed my ratio.

We're making an apple pie, pineapple pie, tollhouse pie, and a pumpkin cheesecake. The Cramers are making the pumpkin pie and a banana cream pie.

That's 6 pies (cheese cake is a custard pie, for 4 adults and Afton and her 'boyfriend' Toby. I am happy.

The rest of the menu consists of turkey that I'm making, stuffing (I'm making.. it's experimental.), gravy, frog eye salad, Mrs. Wood's sweet potato casserole, green beans, rolls, and mashed potatoes.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Yum! I'm trying to decide what kind of pie I should make for Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, the PPP ratio will be much lower than 1, so I need to maximize the pie deliciousness by making a really good one.

Alanna said...

What-- no pecan? I'm not going to even bother crashing this party. Sheesh.

Margaret said...

Mmmm...tollhouse pie sounds good. What's experimental about the stuffing? I'm not sure what our PPP ratio will be. Aunt Cathy will be making the pies and I'm not sure she knows about the 1PPP plan.

Emily said...

...salivating....

Anna said...

Oh sheesh... I'm dreading cooking this Thanksgiving, just thinking about making mashed potatoes feels borderline overwhelming. :p I'm jealous of your ambitious pie menu. lol

Anonymous said...

I like your pie ratio. To further complicate this equation I might recommend the caloric distribution be categorized and proportional to the desired intake of the anticipated number of individuals. When said categories exceed the historical expectations of the three previous years the yield of pie to person ratio may be no less than 1:1.

Happy Thanksgiving guys, we love you.

Joanna said...

YUM!!!! I haven't had frog-eye salad for so long.

Janet said...

Frog-eye salad--blech.
But the tollhouse pie does sound delicious. They made it at the Cannon Center and it was one of the best deserts there.

Joe said...

Tracy wants the tollhouse pie because she has fond memories of it at the Morris Center.
And it it's good there, it's got to be good anywhere.
She considers it a chocolate pecan pie.