Thursday, August 4, 2011

Breakfast deception

We should consider renaming this blog "Afton's Exploits".

I woke up this morning and heard 'odd' sounds coming from downstairs. I went downstairs to find Little Einsteins playing on the computer, but no Afton watching it. Then I heard more sounds coming from the kitchen. I walked around the corne, and saw her stuffing something into the niche beneath the island, where the vent and power outlet are. She turned around, saw me, jumped in surprise, put her back to the niche, and put her hands out to block my view.

"Afton, what did you put under there?"

"I'm sorry."


It was the 1 gallon bucket of ice cream we had in the freezer. The one that she can get out on her own, but can't put back in.

Tracy and I had to explain that we don't eat ice cream for breakfast.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay! You posted! Some of us do eat ice cream for breakfast.

Joe said...

And some of us don't. :)

My favorite part is still how she put her arms out to try and block my view of that niche.

ugkuyg said...

That made me laugh really hard.

Update your blog more so we know what the heck you guys are up to these days!

Joanna said...

Send her to visit us so she can also have cookies and brownies with the ice cream for breakfast. It's Ben's favorite.

Shannon said...

Haha. Don't you love it when they apologize before you even know exactly what they did? Classic. :)

Margaret said...

She's just practicing so she can fix breakfast for Tracy and the babe in a couple of months.

Janet said...

I eat ice cream for breakfast. It's a good source of calcium. Afton just wants strong bones.