Monday, June 11, 2007

Piano Recital

So, my piano recital was Saturday, the 9th of June. It was the most nerve racking experience of my life. Sorry Dena, Joe couldn't find the camera and didn't take pictures!! :0) I'm sure we can take some fake ones and post them though.

Anyways, the recital started out fine until it was my turn. I was shakind so bad!! I played Sweet Hour of Prayer and Little Brow Jug. When I started the first song, I messed up and my mind went completely blank. So I ended up skipping the entire middle of the song and just played the beginning and end. Little Brown Jug went ok, but I didn't do the last part of the song because I was shaking so bad I could barely play the song. I thought it would be better to finish before my nerves got the best of me.

On the bright side, Joe got me some really cool flip flops for moral support. (I will post a picture later!) I also almost conquered my fears and hopefully I will never have to do a recital again!! :0) I did get a pretty cool Bach figurine and I must say, Bach was pretty ugly!!! He was definitely not an attractive person, but at least he had his music going for him!! :)

Anyways, life is awesome in the fast lane!!

P.S. I do know how to tie that stupid knot!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, you are forgiven! I'm proud of you for going through with it. If it makes you feel any better I had to teach RS on Sunday, and I felt like a complete idiot the entire time. My face was most likely magenta, and those that did participate did so out of pity vs. inspiration.....^^

Joe said...

Tracy, if you can remember how to tie the knot, then I dare you to tie it tonight. I've got some rope.

I'm sure I can think of a suitable prize if you can. If not, you get to practice tying knots for girl's camp all night long.