Sunday, July 8, 2007

Girls Camp

So we got in from SLC at about 2:30 am, which left me with about 3 hours of sleep before girls camp. We started off doing COPE the first part of the morning, before we drove 6 hours to West Virginia. Between the 24 girls and 5 leaders, we counted over 200 ticks. Pretty gross, huh!! I was really impressed with one of our girls, Laura who has a mild case of cerebral palsy. She did all of the high elements, as well of all of the team events without complaint. And even though it was hard for her, she never gave up.

Anyways, we rafted the New River, which was awesome. The weather was perfect, the rapids were running at a great level. We even conspired together to push the bishop out of the raft, which we succeeded. The girls then pushed me out, but hey, what can you do!

I am really amazed at the youth in our stake, especially in our ward. These girls are awesome. Some of these girls come from challenging home lives and yet they are so strong in the gospel. They strive to do what is right and I was really humbled by them.

On the way home, I definitely drove more on the road than at the beginning, for which I am sure that the girls were extremely grateful. It was definitely an awesome experience, after which I was extremely dead to the world. Life is great in the fast lane!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds amazing! I will need your YW knowledge. I will be working with them too. They wanted me to go to girls camp, but since I just got called, and I have school training next week. I won't be going. I love ya Tres!

Margaret said...

I'm glad that you made through everything and still enjoyed it. Good thing you're not one of those people who get grouchy when they're tired!