Thursday, November 8, 2007

More Maps


For class, we had to draw another map; this time of four states. Unfortunately, the professor wouldn't let us draw the UT,CO,AZ,NM set. I really wanted to, but he said four boxes would be way too easy. Instead, he assigned us four options that involved a lot of convoluted borders, rivers, and and coastlines. I, of course, chose the WI,MN,IA,IL set, and here it is!




We also had to create a black and white map that shows people how to get to our house. This map emphasizes simplicity and clarity, not detail. Neither scale nor direction are accurate beyond left and right or big and small. Distance doesn't matter at all. I also removed the address, because this blog is publicly readable.

13 comments:

Paul Done said...

Interesting timestamp :)

Joe said...

You know, these timestamps never seem accurate to me. I know the last one wasn't done at 4:52.

Shannon said...

wow, isn't it great that everyone is interested in doing different things? just think, "most americans don't have maps" (according to miss south carolina :) so it's great to know my brother in law is involved in such a worthy project. :)

Margaret said...

Your directions are so clear that I could drive right to it. (Of course, the fact that I've been there severa times might help!)

Janet said...

so, what class is this for again?...honors nerd?

Shannon said...

haha, that was a good one janet :)

Tracy said...

Janet, you're right on the money. :)

Tracy said...

Janet, you're right on the money.

Shannon said...

Can't wait for tomorrow!!!! Call or post ASAP! :)

Shannon said...

so, um....don't you have "something" that is postworthy to share? I think everyone has gotten a chance to look at the maps. :P

Margaret said...

Yes, where are the promised pictures?

Ben S said...

I think someone's head is in the clouds above 4 certain states.

Joe said...

Hmmph, Ben. I've been benign in my comment moderation so far, but watch it!