Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Icy weather

From yesterday afternoon through now, we've been getting freezing rain. there's been about a quarter of an inch of accumulation, and everyone's freaking out. Tracy's commute home yesterday took about 2.5 hours. I took 50 minutes because I took the back roads. Also, my car's tires rock. They're the grippiest!

The freezing rain is supposed to convert to snow tonight, and wind is supposed to pick up, so we could get some major power outages from the iced-over trees hitting power lines. I saw several branches already brushing the lines on my drive in this morning.If I were Dominion Power or Verizon, I'd be worried.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That's exciting, but I don't think grippiest is a word. We're due to get 7-11 inches of snow tonight through tomorrow.

Emily said...

Sure, grippiest is a word. Why the heck not?

Joe said...

What else am I going to call it, the grippingest? most grippy? The condition of having maximum grip? tready? Come on superlatives, don't fail me now!