Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What a surprise

I was reading CNN the other day. (Okay, so I was really bored.) I saw this story.

Really. CNN, of all the places, has to tell me that Indiana Jones isn't real archeology. Wow! I never would have guessed on my own. You mean to tell me that real archaeologists don't carry whips, revolvers, and leather coats, wear fedoras, and stop Nazis (and now Soviets) from capturing priceless religious artifacts?

Okay. Enough with the sarcasm, but it brings up another point. Does anyone think that archeology is like that? And why does CNN feel it's their job to correct anyone who's that out of touch?

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Did you seriously think that CNN was real news anyway?

Shane Watts said...

That's the way archaeology is for me! That's why we're so excited to camp out the night before to get the first tickets to the May 22nd opening night of Indiana Jones. And we're bringing Sahara...Yes, we're those kind of parents...

Amy :)