Saturday, November 26, 2011

Family Time



I've been really bad at posting lately-funny how a new baby does that, at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

So here are the fall highlights:
-Tanner being born. Can I tell you-drugs are wonderful, especially when they work. :) He was born Sept 18, 8 lbs. 9 oz. and 21 in long. He came out screaming, and not much has changed. JK, mostly.

-Rene and Margaret were able to do a short visit. We went to Cox Farms, hung out and generally had a really good time. Afton loves it when grandma comes to visit!

-Halloween was awesome. Holidays are so much more fun when kids are involved. We were characters from Tangled. Joe was Flynn Rider, I was the "mean mom," (Mother Gothel), Afton was Rapunzel and Tanner was Pascal. We had a lot of fun trick or treating. Afton especially likes the treating part. :)

-Tanner was blessed on the 13th of November. My parents came and visited for the week before. It was a lot of fun-we did chucky cheese, drove through Shenandoah and enjoyed the fall view. Rene and Margaret were able to join us during the weekend and we had a lot of fun hanging out and enjoying one another's company. I am really thankful when we get a chance to hang out with the fam since we don't see each other very often. Afton especially enjoys being spoiled while they are here.

-Joe rolled his kayak in the Ahren's pool and is very proud. He is such a nerd! (but a cute one. Go Mr. Matt Damon!! :) )

-Joe went to Amsterdam for work. It was mostly rainy and drizzly, but he was able to see the sights for one evening. I must admit I'm a little jealous that his passport got stamped before mine.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

I especially like the "angelic" Afton poses during the photo shoot. Haha...

Tracy said...

I know...ironic huh?

Joanna said...

Joseph had never gotten his passport stamped!?!?!? I got mine stamped a long long time ago and I stayed in the United States for my mission!

Joe said...

Umm, I didn't ever have a passport until this trip. Don't need one to go to PR.

Joe said...

Rather, didn't need one to go to PR. I think you do now. Thanks, 9/11, TSA, and enhanced security measures.

Shannon said...

Tanner totally has his own look. :) Can't wait to meet him!