Saturday, November 26, 2011

Family

I've been thinking a lot lately- I know it doesn't happen as much as it used to- but family has been on my mind. I've been blessed with mine and Joe's parents being able to visit for Tanner's blessing. It seems that each child had a theme with each blessing- Afton's talked a lot about temple marriage, Logan's was missionary work and Tanner's blessing seemed to be a lot about love. I love how Heavenly Father knows and loves our children as He gives us glimpses of their potential at such an early age. I am thankful to be able to raise and get to know our children, even when they drive me crazy. As we come upon the Christmas season, Logan has been right there in the front of my mind. I miss him and really wish he was here. Sometimes I look at Tanner and ache for Logan. How messed up is that? But such is life. I'm just grateful that I get to have Tanner and have the chance to know and love him and just hope that his time here is long. Its funny how losing a child can change your whole perspective and bring home what is really important-family.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Nope, not messed up--just real feelings. Love you guys and can't wait to see you soon!

Shannon said...

Thanks for sharing, Tracy. And no, there are NO messed up thoughts there. Can't wait to see you guys!