Sunday, February 2, 2014

End of 2013

Highlights of the end of 2013 (Better late than never, right?)

  •   Joe traveled a lot towards the end of November and December.  He went to London and Amsterdam.He brought back some yummy Cadbury chocolate, which was amazing. It could have been amazing since I was 8 mos pregnant, but I'm sure it was because of the quality of the chocolate.  I guess I'll never know. :)
  • We went up to Lake Anna and visited with our good friends, the Walls for Thanksgiving. The kids had a blast playing together. Unfortunately, we didn't take any pictures but we had a fun time.  I went Black Friday shopping (probably never again) and was out shopping all night with Nina.  I was actually scared for my life at Wal-Mart, but that's ok.  
  • 2 of my brothers and nieces drove out here from Texas. It was awesome! We went to the petting farm and had a picnic during a warm spell. We also drove to the Manassas Festival of Lights which the kids always enjoy. They put on a good show. :0)  
    My brother, Scott

    Afton and her cousin, Mary Jane, at the petting farm

    My crazy brother, Andrew and Afton at the petting farm

    Tanner at the petting farm

  • We also put up bunkbeds in Afton and Tanner's room. They love them and love sharing a room. Although, yesterday Afton informed me that she misses her old bed because she can't jump on the bunk bed. It's a tough life for a 5 year old.
  • We stayed here for Christmas and enjoyed a pleasant, relaxing Christmas. One of my favorite times was when we were opening gifts, and Tanner had already opened one gift, which was cars.  When we tried to get him to open another gift, he kept shouting, " NO! NO! NO!" over and over. He really liked his cars. :) We watched movies, played with our new toys, skyped with family,  and just enjoyed being together.  
  • New Year's eve was hard. We went to Logan's grave in the morning and gave him some balloons for his birthday. I really just tried to stay busy and keep my mind preoccupied.  Afton and I looked through is photo album book and that was nice.  We also went to a fondue party and played some games with friends.  
 Below are just some random pics.

Our giving tree we made for FHE
 




6 comments:

Joanna said...

I'm glad your brothers could come for a visit. We want to come visit you guys, too!

Margaret said...

Yay! What a good post, Tracy!

Sarah said...

We want to come visit, too!

Janet said...

So do we! We have more of a chance than the others I feel.

Tracy said...

We love visitors! Janet, I think you may be right.

Tracy said...

We love visitors! Janet, I think you may be right.