Friday, October 5, 2007

Incomunicado

For those of you who are unaware, we've moved. (If you need our new address, email or call our cell phones. Don't expect a fast answer from email or the house phone. See below for details.)

For the much larger percentage who are unaware of this: We have our cable TV, telephone, and internet service provided by Comcast. I don' t like them much at all.

When we moved I tried to move our service from our old apartment to our new, however, the previous resident had not canceled their service, so Comcast wouldn't complete the move unless I faxed them a copy of our lease.

How to explain this best: I don't like giving people solid data about me. Especially forms that detail things about my family, where we live, how much we pay for the privilege of living there, etc... It's none of their business. If they want to know, they can call the leasing office and confirm my address.

Anyway, yesterday they disconnected the previous resident's service for failure to pay, ignoring the fact that I told them we had moved in there and I was still paying; they just hadn't moved my service to the new location.

Since it's a move, we just get the next available appointment, even though all they have to do is plug in the stuff in the demarc point outside the building. The 'next available appointment?' Sunday, between 12 and 3, Eastern time.

2 comments:

Ben S said...

Comcast is the devil.

Joe said...

Yes; feel the hate coursing through you. Join me in your hatred, and we will overthrow the Emperor and rule as .... wait, wrong evil.

Yeah, Comcast is pretty much the devil. They also show the vs. network on their regular digital tier, but CSTV is a special sports package. They won't even carry the mtn here. Lousy TV companies with monopolies of football games.