Saturday, March 8, 2008

???????

So, my best friend who was supposed to be due 2 days after me had an emergency c-section Thursday night. She had gestational diabetes and couldn't get her blood pressure under control. They were going to induce her, but when they gave her potossum (labor inducing medication) as a test to see how the baby will handle it, his heart rate dropped dramatically. So they decided to do the c-section. Baby Noah and mom are doing great! Everyone is healthy and once Noah isg weaned off the insulin, they should be good to go. Noah is about 5 lbs. 9 oz, which is good sized for being a month early. I have to say I am really jealous. She got out of being pregnant a whole month! Our plans for being in labor the same time are ruined, but somethings aren't meant to be, I guess. Although, I must say Dena has definitely inspired me to get the bag packed, and get on the ball with finishing getting ready for the baby.

Anyways, that's all my exciting news. Not much is going on here. We still haven't heard if we got the house or not, but it will work out however its meant to be. I'm feeling pretty good, with the exception of not sleeping well and back aches. I feel I really lucked out with this pregnancy--no swelling, diabetes, etc.... just a huge stomach.

Our YW basketball team is undefeated so far this season. Today, we go up against the only other team in the stake who is also undefeated. It should promise to be a great game. Wish us luck!!

2 comments:

norwegian blond said...

Hey! Just got home today....hopefully Noah will come home tomorrow. I hate being away from him. Last night I didn't sleep. He decided that he was a very needy boy, so I fell asleep at about 7:30 a.m. The funny part is that my in-laws stopped by when we arrived home, and while she was talking to me, I accidentally nodded off! Pretty hilarious. I hope she didn't take it personally!

Shannon said...

wow, I can't believe you're down the weeks! we can't wait!! :)