Sunday, March 30, 2008








So here are some more pics of Afton and Cocoa, our first child. Cocoa seems to be adjusting well. My only problem is Cocoa now has this need to not only sleep on the bed with us every night, but sleep on me or right next to me. And then to make matters worst, when I'm up in the middle of the night feeding Afton, she steals my spot. How rude is that! Overall, Cocoa seems to be adjusting well to Afton. She watches her closely and tries to sneak in some licks here and there.

Afton has some major talents of projecting out of both ends. Its amazing how well she can do that at such a young age. I guess she got some of her talents early! :) I wonder how long its going to take to get over thinking everything she does is cute, like the first spit up, first vomit, etc.... probably the second time she does it, it may not be so cute. :) She is starting to fit into the newborn size a little better. Before, everything we had swallowed her whole. And yes, we do have other colors for her besides pink.

As for me, I've quit breaking down everyday so I think the hormone detox is almost done. We shall see. Afton likes to stay awake at night and sleep during the day so its been rough being able to function. I think it will be worse when Joe goes back to work, but we shall see how it goes. I am feeling more human now though, so that is a plus! All in all, we have decided to keep her! She's a pretty good deal. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it is going well! I know it's hard those first few months, but eventually you will overcome it. :-)

Margaret said...

I still say she's really cute! Can't you train Cocoa to at least take Joseph's spot? And I want you to know that she comes by her vomiting talent naturally. Joseph was a great one for that. We'll be thinking of you this week. Hopefully, it will go by quickly and Becca will soon be there to help.

Curley Family said...

Glad to hear you are adjusting okay. It is such an adjustment. We are slow but will have a present in the mail soon. So keep and eye out. She is a cutie, you guys bake good 8)

Anonymous said...

Tracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she is ADORABLE!!! oh my goodness how perfect is she???! I want to visit soooo bad. next time you're up at some crazy hour in the middle of the night with Afton.....Call Me :) love,kelly