Saturday, April 5, 2008

Post Pregnancy



So Afton slept in the bassinet all night-with the exception of feedings. It was amazing what sleep will do for you! :) Hopefully, she will do so again tonight. Wish us luck. So one of Afton's favorite sleeping positions is laying on my stomach with her head resting on my chest. I'm not sure how long that will last, but its the most amazing feeling. As I was watching conference, I would look over at her sleeping in her little bouncer, and feelings of gratitude and love would just wash over me. I feel so lucky to have her. (I may not always feel this way-especially at 3 in the morning.)



I noticed that our daughter (wow, sometimes that still feels weird saying) looks a lot like ET. She does this look when I am holding her (so of course I haven't been able to capture it on camera) and she's hungry. She will stretch up her neck and wrinkle her forehead; her neck is so skinny that she really does look ET. I wonder what side of the family she gets that from? :)

So I thought my hormone detox was complete until I was at the doctor's office and watching Tarzan II. There is this scene where the mother gorilla thought she lost Tarzan and I just started crying-empathy pangs. How cheesy is that. So I guess I am still in the process of detoxing the last of the hormones out. Oh by the way, Afton is doing well. She gained a pound, so is now officially at 7 lbs, 8 oz. The newborn clothes are actually starting to fit her, although she's still really skinny. Her jaundice is completely gone as well which is a big relief.

So losing the pregnancy weight really stinks, especially not being able to wear your normal clothes, but at least I have more motivation to get back in shape. I still have about 10-15 lbs to lose. Joe and I are going to run in a half marathon come October so that should help my motivation stay strong. I will definitely make sure I stay ready for the next Scoresby scamper!

3 comments:

Amy said...

It's Amy Holly here....congrats on your baby! She's beautiful!

Curley Family said...

Enjoy being able to snuggle with her now. I think it just gets harder as they get older. If you have not heard, we are expecting another :)

Anonymous said...

you are BEAUTiFuL Trace...and so is your little baby girl. I'm so happy for you. i hope we can talk soon...love, kelly