Saturday, August 30, 2008

College football!

Apparently, there are some side effects to being raised in Ohio, such as an unhealthy focus on college football for 4 months in the fall of every year.

This fall is the first time that people out here in the East can watch BYU's football games on "the Mtn.", the Mountain West Conference's own TV network. So, today we're having a big party to celebrate the game and watch it on our TV. I'll post some pictures to demonstrate the crowd when the game starts.

The menu for our tailgate party? I'm glad you asked: Buffalo and BBQ wings, tortillas with every dip you can imagine, I'm making a veggie tray for those who don't want cholesterol, and maybe some other options, too.

Maybe if we're lucky we'll see Janet in the end zone seating!

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Hey, where's my comment about the cowboy hat I almost bought for Afton?

Joe said...

Sorry! I wasn't paying attention and thought it was an email, not a comment to be approved.

Preston said...

You guys have the MTN!!! At your house?? Geez, you're definitely moving up in the rankings for coolest Scoresby in-laws.

By the way - is it just me or is there not enough appreciation for BYU's 59-0 "game" against UCLA. What a difference from last week at Washington.

Joe said...

Of course we have the mtn! It's the entire reason we got DirecTV. Really, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with it.

What we don't have is VS, so I had to listen to yesterday's game, until I found a guy illegally streaming it in the third quarter.