Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Peaches!



I know this is old news for a few of you (Mom), but a few weeks ago, we canned. Peaches, specifically. I went to the farmers market, got a peck of peaches (for like, 13 dollars!), and that night we canned them, after we spent the day running around getting the supplies to can them.
Pictures?
Yeah.

We only got 5 pints, and we saved a few for a peach cobbler that we never got around to making, but it was still a fun activity to do together during a time when we've been busy with stuff that we're doing alone.

Mom? what your expert opinion on our job?

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Mmmm...looks good! You better get some apples this fall and do some applesauce. I'm sure Afton would like that.

Joe said...

Yeah, we'll do some applesauce, but I really want to try your apple pie filling. Can you do that with just a water bath canner?

Margaret said...

Sure. I'll send your the recipe.