Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Joe's Birthday

So I totally got Joe for his birthday this year. One of the girls in our ward has the same birthday so I had gotten together with her husband to plan a surprise birthday dinner at Logan's the Monday before. This is the first time since we have been married that Joe was totally in the dark. It was awesome. Thankfully, we had a bad morning, which gave me the perfect excuse to go out that evening to offset the horrible morning. ( Our car was towed because our tags were expired, which we were unaware of at the time. Virginia really is a stupid state, but that's another story.) So not only did I have the perfect excuse, I even got him to go to a steakhouse where I don't get a 50% discount without suspecting anything. I told him I was craving their bread and he of course bought it! It was so awesome. We had a good night and was able to have a fun evening with most of our good friends.

Afton was a cowgirl. I had bought this outfit because it made me laugh at a Thanksgiving sale for $2.00. It is the coolest outfit. Pics are below. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a cowboy or straw hat.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm glad you had fun and what a perfect occasion for Afton to wear her cowgirl outfit!

Anonymous said...

hahahaahhaa.....tracy you crack me up! you buy clothes cuz they make you laugh!!! remember those ugliest blue shoes that we bought at payless whith the velcro strap? i think we just bought em for shock value. so silly. i miss you!!!!....this is kelly by the way

Margaret said...

I saw an awesome cowboy hat for Afton at Wall Drug but I figured she wouldn't wear it enough to pay for it.

Anonymous said...

Seriously Afton is the cutest baby girl ever. When will Noah get to meet her?^^