Tuesday, November 25, 2008

All I want for Christmas...

This Christmas we're trying to be more *ahem* frugal that we have in past years. Tracy and I both have a bad habit of going off and spending more money that we had planned on gifts for each other. This year, that shouldn't be a problem, because we don't have the money to do that with. Oh, well.

Anyway, I present, in no particular order, things on my wish-list:

  • Watches: I'd like two, really. One nice (metal) one that I can wear with a suit that looks all formal, and a wristwatch/digital compass/altimeter gizmo. (This one isn't bad, either. (the digital compass isn't strictly necessary) Or you can throw the budget out the window and combine the two: the Suunto Observer.
  • Clothing: I'd like a sweater or two that I can wear over a button-down shirt. Also some pants for work. I like khaki pants for work, but they get worn through because I spend so much time working under desks. Anyone who has double-thick knee khaki pants? Also, the sweater/dress shirt combo would probably open me up to wearing jeans more often.
  • Computing: I'm looking at building a Home Theater PC, in piece-meal fashion. The heart of it, though, is this case. I wouldn't mind a new optical mouse (USB, please, but not necessarily wireless) or a new keyboard. I'd like a gaming keyboard, but this will do instead of a whole keyboard. Also, I wouldn't mind replacing a few of the fans in my current computer, but the new fans would have to be vewwy, vewwy quiet. (I'm hunting wabbits). The computer's louder than I'd like, and the fans are the reason why.
  • Books.
  • Oddball tools. Seriously. If you think I'd use it, try it.
  • If anyone wants to buy and make the any of the jacket, vest or pullover kits from this site, I'd really like that. I'd try it, but I'd mess it up, and we still don't have a working sewing machine.
I'll add anything else I think of as I go.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Hmmm...Since the only other person who really enjoys sewing in our family is on a mission, I assume the "If anyone wants to make something" remark refers to me. Thanks for giving us some ideas, though.

Joe said...

Actually, since Emily's been crafty lately, I thought she might try it. Or not.