Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sleep-its a wonderful thing!

So Afton has started sleeping through the night again! YAY!!!!!!!!
For the last week, she has been waking up every few hours at night. I'm pretty sure it has had to do with her cutting 4 teeth-yes she now has a grand total of 6 teeth- but the doctor suggested it might have something to do with separation anxiety, but I'm not sure if I agree. She would just wake up screaming. Hopefully, the worst of it is over for now.

She hasn't started walking yet, but she can keep her balance while standing really well. Its when she realizes that she is standing by herself that she freaks out and looses her balance. Its pretty funny to watch. I will try and get it on tape sometime. I never thought I would say this, but I really can't wait until she starts walking-mostly to give my back and knees a break. She's a pretty funny kid.

She definitely doesn't like hats. We usually play a game of putting on and taking off hats, but I used one that had a little tie on the bottom so she couldn't take it off. She would try and try and then just start crying. It was pretty funny. I know, what a horrible mom for torturing my poor child. Don't worry, I feel no remorse! :) As a side note, I would like to point out that the 18 month hats fit her like a glove, although she still wears 6-9 month clothing. What can I say, she has to have a lot of room to fit everything in. She has also figured out to pick her nose.


2 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm thinking an Easter bonnet that has ties :).

Curley Family said...

That is so funny. We have done the same sort of thing with 2 of our 3-I am sure when Aleana is old enough we will do the same thing to her. It is so much fun to torture the kids. We better enjoy it while they can't fight back :)