Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday Morning-12:48 am

So its 12:48 am and I just got home from work. I read Joe's post and thought I would add one until my Ramen Noodle gets done cooking. So according to the directions, I have 3 minutes to write. :)

Work was horrible-it was probably the worst night I have had at the outback. I made really good money but the people were out of control. I got stiffed--which for you non-servers means that you don't get left a tip at all, which really blows considering we only get paid 2.15 an hour. And they got good service. But that wasn't the worst of it. My last table (the reason I got home at 12:48 am) was a 14 top (again for those non-servers, 14 people) and it was one of the guy's 21st birthday. So naturally, if your not Mormon, there was quite a bit of drinking going on. Wells lets just say that these people were definitely not nice drunks. They tried picking fights and so on. Towards the end, we ended up comping (taking off) 70 dollars just to get them out of there. I'm still thinking of nannying, especially after tonight. :)

Afton is better now. For about a week and a half she has been really cranky. She would only be happy if I was holding her, and no-one (ok, its really late and I really can't figure out how to spell no-one so there you go) else would do. Lets just say I couldn't get a lot done. She is cutting 3 teeth now-her 2 canines and one of her front tooth. I am sure besides being sick, her teeth were hurting her fierce. Thankfully she is back to her normal cheerful self. She really is a funny kid. She's starting to vocalize alot more. I think she is reconizing that I am her mama, which is pretty cool.

Well, my soup is overdone. Thank goodness its just Ramen. I hope everyone is sleeping well or at least sleeping. At least I get to look forward to Joe cooking a yummy Sunday dinner. Adios!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm sorry the people were jerks. Jerks should be outlawed.

Shannon said...

Hey Tracy! Sorry to hear about that rough night at work... waiting tables sure does have its sucky moments. :( So after I read that you were making ramen, I totally started craving it the next day and had to make some. :) Hope Afton's teeth are feeling better, and glad to hear you guys had fun in Texas!