Sunday, March 15, 2009

Snow storm (belated)

This post is about a storm that's already ancient history, but I figure we just washed the road salt off our cars, so I can still post about it. Besides, it has pictures of Afton in the snow!

This storm hit Sunday evening over to Monday. All I got out of it was a half-day off of work. I did get some good pictures though, and Tracy got to have fun with Afton in snow.

I took Cocoa to a local state forest where she got to tramp around in the snow, and follow bunny tracks, as well as meet a big ol' grizzled German Shepherd who lost one of his legs. his owner said it was the first time he had been out since he lost the leg. He was about twice as big as Cocoa!

The storm also illustrated a few issues with the house: The gutter has come loose on one end, and need to be fixed. the icicles are NOT a good thing. Unfortunately, I don't have a 20 foot tall ladder to fix it with, and I don't want to pay the necessary 200 dollars for one.

No comments: