Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I void warranties

Last night I finally got my iPod working. The hard drive that I ordered on the advice of most of the voters ... didn't work at all. So, I bought a Compact Flash adapter and a CF card. Once I plugged that in, it worked right away.
I am now the proud owner of one of the very few 2GB 4th generation iPods.
On the plus side, I can get a larger capacity card, and my ipod has no hard drive, both eliminating the possibility of the hard drive dying again, and extending the battery life.

I haven't Rockboxed it yet, because of the lack of space. I actually have it full right now. Once I upgrade to a larger card I'll install RockBox, and my creation will be complete.... muahahahaha.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I interpret the paucity of comments on your Ipod as a sign that we are all thrilled that you got it working, but we don't want to talk about it anymore. How about some cute pictures of an almost one year old Afton?

Joe said...

Paucity? Wow. That's quite the word. Are we playing boggle with them? :)=

Our camera has had dead batteries for a little while, but they're back now. I'll see what I can do.