Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Resolutions

So, you may have noticed that I haven't posted any resolutions this year. Perhaps, that's because all of my recent expressed resolutions (or goals) have failed miserably. This is not looking good for me. Let's use this blog to find previous expressed goals:
so, by the end of this year, I want to lead climb. By the end of next year, I want to do a true multi-pitch route. Well, we'll see how it goes.
  • I said this in May 2007. It is now February 2009. What we have here is the first climbing goal I expressed on this blog. Last year I led a 5.7 sport route. I have not, as of yet, led any trad routes, or climbed beyond the first pitch of any multi-pitch routes. (I have hopes for this summer.)
I want to see if I can pull this off. I want at least one hit from every state in the USA to hit my blog in one month.
  • June 2008. I was in a posting frenzy, including a lot of mobile blogging. I even promised muchos pictures of Afton, but I still just got 35 states that month. Ouch.

I've also expressed several goals verbally, only to have them fail miserably on me. Goals I've written down in my little pocket notebook have failed. Some have even failed pre-emptively. This bodes poorly for my major "Life List" goals.

Perhaps I'm just depressed as I write this, or perhaps I need to re-evaluate my priorities as expressed in my goals. I'm not sure. I do know that now, I resolve to not set any goals, in order to prevent future failure.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Perhaps the goals you're setting are not realistic in terms of the new lifestyle of having a baby (and a reduced income.) Or perhaps you're trying to squeeze what should be longer term goals into too short of a time period. Keep working at it! Make a few shorter term goals and be diligent.