Monday, February 9, 2009

Cooking

Recently, our house has experienced a sudden burst of culinary creativity. This is entirely a positive thing, although our food bill has gone up, some too. I was trying to figure out why this phenomenon has occured, when I realized: Afton is the answer!

Since she's almost 1 year old, we've mostly got her off of baby food. This is fine, except that it means we need to feed her real food, (not ramen!). Thus, I find myself cooking dinner while Tracy's at work, instead of feeding Afton a jar of baby food and microwaving a bag of popcorn for myself. Being myself, I am inclined to experiment (I always spell it expirement and have to correct myself. I don't know why!) with the food, to attempt to obtain maximum flavor.

I present to you, a compilation of recent meal menus:

Sunday dinner: Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans.
Earlier this week: Meatloaf, peas with mushrooms.
Sometime last week: Mashed potatoes, grean beans.

Tonight's dinner is going to be pork chops that I brined, according a recipe from the Food Network's website, cooked in the Scoresby family rice and porkchops tradition. Yummy.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Mmmmm...

Shannon said...

She's a doll, that's for sure. :) Ps. Are we still going to see you guys in May? I hope so!