Saturday, June 28, 2008

Milestones

1st: This is this blog's 101st post! Tracy took the 100th post while I was gone, but still, 100! Celebrate! Have some pie and ice cream; let loose, folks!

2nd: This week I bicycled 174 miles along the C&O Canal. Effectively, I biked from Cumberland, MD to Washington, DC. I didn't get the full length because we stopped outside the Beltway where it was easier to get to. We actually did it in about 3 days worth of cycling. We had a break day near Antietam, and had a 5th day planned, but we burned through the miles.

Unfortunately, it appears that riding 60 miles a day is a really good way to turn that leg pain that I get whenever I run more than 2 miles into a major issue. My knee hurts like the dickens, and I don't think it's ITBS. I can't bend my leg a whole lot without a lot of pain, and it can give out on me at unfortunate points. Luckily the swelling has gone down a whole lot, and when I don't put weight on it, it's just a dull throbbing and burning sensation. The doctor will see me on Tuesday. Is this a sign I'm getting too old to do all this stuff? I sure hope not.

2 comments:

Ben S said...

2 words, ilialtibial tract

Tracy said...

No, 2: iliotibial band (ITB)