Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Swimsuit Annoyance

Sorry, I just have to vent. I have been looking for a swimsuit for Afton and the main type of swimwear I am finding are skimpy bikinis. I've looked at Target, Wal-Mart, Old Navy, Babies R Us, etc. What the hay!! The only one pieces I have been able to find are Elmo or Barbie or some other lame bathingsuit. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with Elmo and other such characters.....on lunchboxes, backpacks, dolls. Its just too cheesy for me; I can't do that to Afton. But seriously, what are we teaching our children when all the cute swimwear are tiny bikinis and I'm talking about the little triangle tops. I have been able to find a couple of tankinis that are decent, just not in her size. I guess thank goodness for tankinis! Anyways, I just needed to vent. Bikinis and little girls should not mix.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Pretty much bikinis and no one should mix! But cheer up--it only gets worse as she gets older.

Shannon said...

And it only gets worse as girls get older! Yes, I do love the invention of tankinis. Kudos to that person. I'll keep my eyes peeled for some 1 piecers here for the little one...minus elmo and other such characters. ;)

Shannon said...

Ps. I got your message, and yes, yes yes!! :) I have gotten home late the past couple nights and don't know when's to late to call. I'll try to catch you earlier tomorrow so we can catch up. :)

Tracy said...

Saweet! We can try and figure something out. Were you going to come down for the 4th? Or maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle?

Emily said...

Hey! How come no one is interested in visiting me?

Tracy said...

Hello, Wisconsin!! JK. We might try and make it up in August. No worries!